SCA 2018 Echo Week on Demand contains sessions presented by the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists at the 21st Annual Echo Week.
Date of Release: February 26, 2018
Program End Date: February 25, 2020
Features of SCA 2018 Echo Week on Demand include:
- Presenters’ slides with fully synchronized audio as it was shown in the room
- Online access to programs within 24 hours
- Compact and convenient USB for complete access offline
- Mobile Streaming for viewing on most iPad®, iPhone® and Android™ devices
- Downloadable MP3 files for audio on-the-go
The mission of the Society’s CME program is to provide anesthesiologists, through a broad variety of educational meetings, enduring materials, and electronic media, with the information and skills that will reinforce their knowledge base and introduce new concepts and clinical practice skills involving the perioperative care of patients with cardiovascular and thoracic disease. It is expected that these educational opportunities will enhance the practitioners’ clinical practice skills.
At the conclusion of these educational sessions, the participant will be able to:
- Define the physics which underlie clinical ultrasound technology specifically related to two-dimensional (2D) and three-dimensional (3D) image formation and Doppler applications.
- Identify normal and abnormal left ventricular (LV) and right ventricular (RV) systolic and diastolic function.
- Define ultrasound applications to identify normal cardiac and vascular anatomy, common artifacts, anatomical variants, congenital heart and pericardial disease processes can be identified and managed with cardiac ultrasound.
- Define ultrasound applications to provide a non-invasive and comprehensive assessment of the native aortic, mitral, pulmonic and tricuspid valve and implanted prosthetic valves.
- Define the role comprehensive perioperative TEE plays in surgical decision making in patients with mitral valve disease, aortic valve disease, and respiratory or heart failure undergoing surgical procedures to address these disease states.
The Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists designates this enduring material for a maximum of 35.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty List, Credentials and Disclosures
Disclosures of Relevant Financial Relationships:
Echo Week attendees are urged to review the general continuing medical education (CME) information for the course, including disclosures of relevant financial relationships for all persons that have affected the content of CME, by downloading and reading this information available at: www.scahq.org/2018EchoWeek.
Method of Participation and CME Certificate
This product includes a post-test that assesses knowledge learned from the recorded lectures.
This product includes 35 hours of lectures recorded at the 21st Annual Echo Week and offers up to 35.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM depending on the number of lectures you choose to watch. You may re-enter the product as many times as you wish, but you can claim CME credit only once and must claim credit by February 25, 2020.
To receive CME credit for this product, you must:
- Purchase the product
- Read the CME Information available when you first enter the player or by clicking the CME Info link in the top right corner.
- View the session(s) of your choosing.
- Click the Test link in the top right corner after you have completed viewing all sessions for which you intend to claim credit.*
- Complete the post-test. You must score 70% to earn credit but you can re-take test questions that you missed as many times as necessary.
- Enter the number of credits you wish to claim. Credits claimed should reflect the total number of hours that you spent reviewing the CME information, watching sessions and taking the post-test.
- Generate and print your CME certificate.
(*Please Note: If you already claimed credit for attending the live 21st Annual Echo Week, you cannot claim credit for the same sessions on the 2018 SCA Echo Week on Demand).
You must watch all of the sessions for which you intend to claim credit before taking the test to receive credit. However, you do not have to view all of the sessions in the same sitting. You can access the content as many times as necessary to watch the selected sessions before taking the test.
Medium or Combination of Media Used
SCA 2018 Echo Week on Demand is available in the following formats:
- Online access with downloadable MP3 files
- USB Drive
- Mobile version for most tablets and smartphones
For a complete list of system requirements please go to SCA.OnDemand.org/ECHO and click About/System Requirements.
Provider Contact Information
SCA Contact Information
Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists
8735 W. Higgins Road, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60631
Phone: (855) 658-2828
Fax: (847) 375-6323